The Tunisian Refugees Council, as stipulated in its statute, has the following objectives:
- To contribute to the protection and assistance attributed to refugees and asylum seekers in Tunisia
- To contribute to the search for and implementation of durable solutions to the problems of refugees in Tunisia. It carries out this mission in full cooperation with international organizations and competent authorities.
- To support the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the implementation of its refugee protection programs
- To train governmental and non-governmental actors in the field of asylum and assistance to refugees and asylum seekers.
The Tunisian Council aims to achieve these objectives by the following legal means:
- Conducting field studies to identify the concerns of refugees and asylum seekers
- Organization of training sessions and workshops
- To establish and implement programs and projects to assist refugees and asylum-seekers in coordination and collaboration with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Tunisian government authorities and other entities concerned with refugee problems.
- Communicate with the public through the media to raise awareness of refugee issues in Tunisia and other countries.